POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : You know it's been a cold winter when... : Re: You know it's been a cold winter when... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 13:21:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: You know it's been a cold winter when...
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 5 Feb 2009 11:22:12
Message: <498b1234@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 05 Feb 2009 10:21:37 -0500, Jeremy \"UncleHoot\" Praay wrote:

> You step outside in the morning and think, "Hey, it's kind of warm this
> morning," only to realize later that it was less than 20° F.
>
> Lots of sub zero (° F) temps for the last month.  I think we had one day
> last week where it may have gone just above the freezing point.  It
> honestly felt really warm.  LOL.

It's funny how that works, isn't it?  My wife and I went out the other
day to go chat with our neighbours, and she put on a fairly heavy coat; I
went out wearing a T-shirt.

It was 37F outside at the time.  She declared it cold, but I thought it
was really nice out.

But 37F in October or November is *freezing*.

Jim